“Unfortunately, we are no longer accepting new participants and are winding the project down . . But leaving up these guidelines to help people get the most out of things!”
1. Then once you’ve been approved- request some patterns! Everyone in every group no matter where you are can request up to six (yes six!) patterns right away without waiting. (.PDFs and Pattern Maker downloads are free – mailed patterns available for cost.) However – you don’t have to use up all of your requests right now – you can save them up for any of the new releases coming.
2. “Okay – so I’ve got my pattern – now what?” Once you have completed the garment, either a finished garment or in muslin, and blogged about it – check in and let us know. (Remember there’s no monthly deadline to meet!) There will be a form on the blog to fill out to let us know you have completed your pattern with a place to add links back to your blog post, wherever it lives – be that your own blog or the VPLL Project blog.
3. “So I’ve sewn and blogged – now what?” One of our lovely blog editors will confirm the link is up and working, and reward you for all of your hard work by giving you points. No time limits and no one will follow-up on whether you’ve completed your garment within a month. In addition – you can have as many blog posts as you want to cover what needs to be reviewed on the pattern. Each post will be rewarded – as long as they are easy to find – and all points will go towards a cumulative score for the pattern.
4. “Points! What the heck are those?” They are the key to gaining new levels, and unlocking the universe of new patterns beyond six and many other perks! They are a way to show off your sewing might!
Level 1 – Tradesman/Tradeswoman – 45 points
Level 2 - The Nouveau Riche – 90 points Unlocks ability to request six more patterns (for a total of 12!)
Level 3 – The Landed Gentry -135 points – Unlocks all of the above, plus entry into monthly drawing for great give aways!
Level 4 – The Sporting Set – 200 points. Unlocks all of the above – plus unlimited pattern requests for the duration of the project!
Level 5 – Old Money – 300 points – Unlocks all of the above – and the additional reward at the end of the project of a set of CDs containing scans of the 1912 year of magazines, and all of the released patterns in .PDF form!
Level 6 – Peers of the Realm – Above 450 points – Unlocks all of the above – and some amazing special goodies we are putting together for those who finish at the top of the list!
5. “But – how will I know what to include in my post to get the maximum reward?” We’ve provided a handy-dandy guide to help you along with that – just click over to the next page!