Hello! Below are three links to PDFs. The information contained on the PDFs is basic information for setting up personal blogs using the Blogger or WordPress platform as well as how to post a post to the VPLL 1912 Project blog.
- If you have not already been invited by Kim McDaniel Nish to join the blog, please use the contact link on the home page to do so.
- If you are blogging the project on a personal blog, you will need to add a blog to the VPLL 1912 Project that links back to your blog posts. It’s really easy to do, and you don’t have to include anything more than a single line, “I blogged about my progress on the (INSERT PATTERN NAME) over at my blog here” and include a link to your blog.
- Make sure to add CATEGORIES and TAGS to your post. Categories makes posts easy to identify–and move, if needed–from an administrative end. Tags make it easy to find your post if a blog reader searches for specific items. Keep tags simple; the name of the pattern you’re working on will suffice.
A PLEA…Please! Make sure to PREVIEW and PROOFREAD your blog posts. Previewing lets you see what your post is going to look like and make some final edits to the visual layout of the post prior to publication. Proofreading allows you to catch misspelled words and oddly formatted sentences. Clear text makes for easy reading
Without further ado, I give you PDFs!
- Tips for Blogging in Blogger
- Tips for Blogging in WordPress
- How to Post to the VPLL 1912 Project Blog
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. I can be reached via the VPLL 1912 Project blog contact page or via Facebook.