Participant Agreement for The 1912 Vintage Pattern Lending
Library Titanic Sewing Project.
This license applies to patterns created by The Vintage Pattern
As a participant of The 1912 Vintage Pattern Lending
Library Titanic Sewing Project, you agree to the conditions stated below. These conditions may change without written notice and will still be binding. In addition they do not supersede or replace any further conditions by any partner companies also operating within the scope of this project.
1. License: by The Vintage Pattern Lending Library grants you a
non-exclusive right and license to:
(1) Install and use the .PDF or PatternMaker files (subject to the PatternMaker license agreement) on a single computer, and also install
the Software on a second (portable or home) computer so long as only
one copy is used at a time;
(2) Make a single copy of the .PDF or PatternMaker files (subject to the PatternMaker license agreement) for backup and archival
purposes only, provided that any copy must contain all proprietary
notices included in the original.
(3) Use the related program documentation (the “Documentation”) to
assist in your use of the .PDF file or PatternMaker files (subject to the PatternMaker license agreement). If you download the .PDF file without
physical delivery of Documentation, you may review the online, and/or
print one copy for your personal use;
(4) Store or install a copy of the .PDF or PatternMaker files (subject to the PatternMaker license agreement) on a storage device such as a network server, used only to install or run the PDF or PatternMaker files (subject to the PatternMaker license agreement) on your other computers over an internal network; however, you must acquire and
dedicate a license for each separate computer on which the PDF file is or PatternMaker files (subject to the PatternMaker license agreement) installed or run from the storage device. A license for the PDF file may
not be shared or used concurrently on different computers.
2. Rent: You may not rent, lease, or sublicense files or physical patterns.
3. Copyright. The patterns, files and related .pdf files are owned and the copyright is held by The Vintage Pattern Lending Library. The patterns, files, related .pdf files, are the valuable assets of The Vintage Pattern
Lending Library. The PDF file structure, organization and code are the valuable assets of The Vintage Pattern Lending Library. The PDF file contains copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary intellectual property. The PDF file is also protected by United States Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) and certain International Treaty provisions.
You agree not to modify, adapt, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover or display the source code of the pattern files and related .pdf files. The text and content of the Documentation that accompanies the pattern files is owned by The Vintage Pattern Lending Library, and is protected under the same copyright provisions. You may not permit concurrent use of the pattern, PDF or PatternMaker files (subject to the PatternMaker license agreement) unless each user has an applicable license. You may not permit other individuals to use the pattern, PDF file or PatternMaker files (subject to the PatternMaker license agreement) except under the terms listed above.
Duplication or dissemination of the patterns, pattern files, and/or any related .pdf files for any use other than your personal use in any form is prohibited without the express consent of Janyce Hill, the administrators of the 1912 Titanic Sewing Project or The Vintage Pattern Lending Library.
4. Commercial Use. Non-profit use of the pattern files and related . pdf files to create garments for non-commercial use is granted without restriction. Commercial use of the pattern, PDF files and related .pdf files to create garments for commercial sale is limited to 10 (ten) garments per pattern file, after which the user must contact The Vintage Pattern Lending Library for additional license of use.
5. Limited Warranty. The Vintage Pattern Lending Library warrants
that the media (if any) on which the Software is provided will be free
from defects in manufacturing and workmanship under normal use for
ninety (90) days from the date you received the Software, as shown
by your receipt. This warranty is limited to you and is not transferable.
This warranty does not cover damage caused by improper use or
neglect. The Vintage Pattern Lending Library’s entire liability and your
exclusive remedy shall be, at The Vintage Pattern Lending Library’s
option (i) to replace the defective media; (ii) to
advise you how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the
Software as described in the Documentation through a procedure
different from that set forth in the Documentation; or (iii) to refund
the license fee you paid for the Software.
6. Warranty Disclaimers. THE SOFTWARE, THE DOCUMENTATION
AND (EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 5) THE MEDIA UPON WHICH
THE SOFTWARE IS RECORDED (IF ANY) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY
PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The Vintage Pattern Lending Library AND ITS
SUPPLIERS DO NOT AND CANNOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR
RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE SOFTWARE OR
The Vintage Pattern Lending Library and its suppliers do not warrant
that the functions contained in the Software will meet your requirements
or operate in the combination that you may select for use, that
the operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or error free, or
that defects in the Software will be corrected. Should the Software or
the Documentation prove defective, you (and not The Vintage Pattern
Lending Library or its distributors, licensors or dealers) assume the
entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. No oral or written
statement by a representative of The Vintage Pattern Lending Library
shall create a warranty or increase the scope of this warranty.
7. Limitation of Liability. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL
Your sole remedies and The Vintage Pattern Lending Library’s entire
liability are set forth above. To the maximum extent permitted by
applicable law, in no event shall The Vintage Pattern Lending Library or
its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without
limitation, damages for loss of business profit, business interruption,
loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of
the use of, or inability to use, this software product, even if The
Vintage Pattern Lending Library or its suppliers have been advised of
the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any third party.
In no event will The Vintage Pattern Lending Library’s total liability
to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in
contract, tort, including negligence, or otherwise) exceed the amount
you paid for this product.
8. Governing Law and General Provisions. This EULA shall be
interpreted under and governed by the laws of the State of
Washington, and the laws of the State of California, USA, excluding the
application of its conflicts of law rules. If any part of this EULA is held
illegal or unenforceable by a court or tribunal of competent
jurisdiction, the remaining provisions of this EULA shall remain in
effect and the invalid provision deemed modified to the least degree
necessary to remedy such invalidity.
You agree that the Software will not be shipped, transferred or
exported into any country or used in any manner prohibited by the
United States Export Administration Act or any other export laws,
restrictions or regulations.
9. The Vintage Pattern Lending Library takes no responsibility for
PatternMaker Software or any representations thereof.
This EULA shall automatically terminate upon failure by you to comply
with its terms. This EULA may only be modified in writing signed by
an authorized representative of The Vintage Pattern Lending Library.
If you have any questions concerning this agreement, you may
The Vintage Pattern Lending Library
869 Aileen Street
Oakland, CA 94608
(c) 2012 The Vintage Pattern Lending Library
All rights reserved.