This technique was given to me by a friend and I’ve used it for everything ever since. It works wonderfully but it really works well on chiffon!
Change to a straight stitch plate if you have one.
- Sew a straight stitch about 1/4″ to 3/8″ away from the cut edge.
- Iron the hem up at the stitched line. The stitched line will help the iron naturally turn the fabric.
- Stitch the turned area down with a straight stitch, just above the previous stitching. Now you have 2 rows of stitching right next to each other.
- Trim off the excess fabric if any.
- Repeat Step 2. Now you have rolled the hem.
- Stitch it down with another straight stitch seam.