Princess Slip # 0336
This pattern was easy to use: there was nothing unusual to it.
Trying it on my dress that is the stated size it seemed to fit fine.
In cutting it out I did ,however, make some changes and found a few points I think could be done better.
-I elected to use satin ribbon rather than insertion lace. None of the 5 stores I went to carried insertion in the sizes given and the narrow widths were even cost prohibitive.
-the given seam allowance of 3/8” seems skimpy. Since the suggested fabrics are batist, voile and silk, I know from experience that these fabric fray easily so a wider seam allowance gives options for seam finishing.
I recommend French seams for a finished seam that will not fray. This is what I used on the garment I made.
-there was no finish for the armholes or neckline. I recommend making a bias strip and binding the openings OR using the bias as a narrow facing.
-There is nothing given to hold the pleats in place.
My recommendation is to stitch on the inward facing folds before attaching the pleats to the garment making a back-stitch at the hem edge.
-I also chose to use a regular soft lace for the edges rather than the eyelet for the neckline and armholes.