I am excited to be involved in the Vintage Pattern Lending Library’s 1912 Sewing Project. I heard about the project through Thread’s magazine and volunteered. I got assigned a group (#29), and eagerly awaited my first pattern. Because of the amazing response to the request for test sewers, Janyce & Kim got a little overwhelmed. In order to sate the testers who could hardly wait to start on a pattern, we were given a “challenge pattern” to work on if we wished. I eagerly agreed to try the Princess Slip (VPLL Pattern #E0336.) I was off and running.
The pattern indicated that it was sized for a 36″ bust, and gave no waist measurements. I determined from the pattern that the waist was 25″. As this matched my DD’s measurements, I made it up in muslin without alterations. The fit was surprisingly good, with the only alterations needed on the front bodice and center back below the placket. Pictures to follow.