I downloaded the pattern and printed the PDF. Read all the instructions, cut out muslin including the lining. I wanted to go through the whole construction of it so I could find problems/challenges early on. I also wanted to include the binding work for practice (although I used old pre-folded bias tape that was too wide). And here is the somewhat completed result:
First Issue I had was with the pleats, if I was going to pleat the front as per directions, the neck trim would be off. Looking at the picture I thought they looked more like tucks, and only the two middle ones were sewn all the way to the waist. The others looked more to be left open by the bust line. So this is what I did.
I also think the sleeves need reworking. The back of the sleeve cap just looks off the way it is set in.
The last thing had to do with the back closure. The instructions mentioned buttons, there is no added extention in the pattern to allow for buttons & button holes!
Originally posted on vpll1912project:
Ladies Blouse (#E0191) with rear buttons, trimmed collar and cuffs. The blouse is lined.
Please use this page for comments and this category for blog posts on this pattern.
To download instructions for this pattern, click here.
To get the password for a downloaded Epattern (either PatternMaker or PDF, please click here-password protected.)
And click on the size you would like to download the EPattern. (Password required to open PDFs. PatternMaker file will download as an application to install into PatternMaker.)
|A4||LTR||TAB||Oversize A0 (24×48)||PatternMaker|
And to check your printer for the EPatterns to make sure they print correctly, click to open the right Paper size Measuring Box, or download the Taping Instructions. There is a really excellent printing and taping tutorial at this page on the blog.
|A4 Size Measuring Box||LTR Size Measuring Box||Taping Instructions|
And to get inspiration…
View original 55 more words